Personal Protective and Medical Equipment Intake Form
The PPE Intake Form is an online form for organizations in New Jersey to report personal protective equipment (PPE) levels and to donate equipment.
In response to a severe shortage of PPE at the onset of the pandemic, Governor Murphy centralized efforts to acquire and distribute the critically needed equipment to protect health care workers from COVID-19. An Executive Order required all businesses, higher learning institutions, and non-hospital health care facilities to report any PPE in their possession. In addition, the Governor issued a call for donations to supplement the State’s efforts to procure millions of pieces of PPE.
Innovation In Action
OOI rapidly built covid19.nj.gov/ppereport, a portal for organizations to report PPE levels and submit offers to donate needed equipment and supplies. By automating the process, the form enabled State agencies to quickly route, accept, and organize vast amounts of critical information with minimal time and effort. The portal also served as a centralized clearinghouse for these efforts as multiple agencies were receiving donation requests and lacked a formal mechanism to share this information.
Impact + Metrics
- The Personal Protective and Medical Equipment Intake Form facilitated the collection of more than 600 donation offers.
- The reporting form remains active, though the shortage of PPE has been addressed.
- NJ State Department of Health
- NJ State Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness
- NJ State Office of Emergency Management
Last updated on 10/26/23