Business.NJ.gov Live Chat
The Business.NJ.gov Live Chat feature connects users in real-time with customer service representatives and experts from several different agencies who are on-hand to answer their business-related questions.
Multiple State departments and agencies are responsible for administering critical business transactions. Prior to the Live Chat, when a business had a question or needed help, they had to call multiple State agencies with long wait times before getting answers – a process many found difficult and frustrating.
Innovation In Action
OOI partnered with the Business Action Center and other departments to centralize a fragmented customer service experience, cutting red tape by directly connecting businesses to relevant customer support. The service does not just improve the experience for business customers; by reducing call volume the Live Chat enables agency staff to serve more residents with greater efficiency.
Impact + Metrics
- As of September 2023, the Live Chat has enabled more than 125,000 virtual conversations between businesses and experts at the State’s Business Action Center, the Department of Treasury, the Department of Labor, and the state’s Economic Development Authority.
- Based on user testing and data, OOI is continuing to improve the Live Chat feature offering more capabilities and offerings to ensure businesses can get the help they need.
- Office of the Governor
- NJ Department of State, Business Action Center
- NJ Economic Development Authority
- NJ State Department of Treasury
- NJ State Department of Labor
Last updated on 11/27/23