Business.NJ.Gov Digital Marketing User Activation Campaign
The C+E Lab worked with the Business.NJ.gov team to develop and launch a digital marketing campaign designed to increase use of the site, drive awareness, and help accelerate outcomes.
Traffic had plateaued on Business.NJ.Gov, limiting the platform’s impact with business owners, operators, and entrepreneurs throughout the state. The product team engaged the C+E Lab to increase users to the site, drive awareness, and help accelerate outcomes.
Innovation In Action
To help the Business.NJ.gov team reach and activate audiences, the C+E Lab conducted audience research to uncover insights about their motivations. Using that insight, a campaign was developed to bring to life how Business.NJ.gov helps independent businesses succeed. The C+E Lab deployed a video-first approach to reach Business.NJ.gov’s audience on their preferred platform, with their preferred format, maximizing the campaign’s storytelling ability. The C+E Lab led the end-to-end campaign and has advanced optimization strategies to maximize performance.
Impact + Metrics
- Ethnographic research uncovered that what business owners/operators and entrepreneurs really want from government is help so they (and their business) can succeed.
- A communication strategy was developed to show how Business.NJ.gov helps independent business owners succeed.
- Insight-based creative was tested and validated to increase awareness, intent, believability and equitable appeal.
- As of December 2023, the digital campaign resulted in a +65% increase in Business.NJ.gov users, year over year. The rate of traffic from underserved communities is growing +24% faster than traffic from other communities.
- As of December 2023, 18% of total Business.NJ.gov users now come from members of underserved communities, a +11% increase from the period prior to launch.
- As of December 2023, +43MM impressions have been delivered so far.
- The paid media campaign will be ongoing through February 2023.
- Office of the Governor
- NJ Department of State, Business Action Center
- NJ Economic Development Authority
- NJ State Department of Treasury
- NJ Redevelopment Authority
- NJ Small Business Development Centers
Last updated on 12/19/23