Business.NJ.Gov Digital Marketing Beta Campaign
The C+E Lab worked with the Business.NJ.gov team to launch and short-term digital marketing campaign to boost traffic to its site and gain initial learnings about marketing performance opportunities
The Business.NJ.gov team relies on user testing and site data to inform their work. But web traffic on Business.NJ.gov had stagnated, hampering the development of new products and features due to an insufficient amount of incoming data. So the C+E Lab was tasked with increasing traffic to the site to accelerate learnings.
Innovation In Action:
The C+E Lab developed a 6-week, multichannel campaign to increase site traffic and drive learnings. The Lab’s comprehensive services included creative concept development, the creation of creative assets, multichannel planning, establishing a test and learn framework, and setting up a data dashboard to monitor the campaign in real time. Prior to the C+E Lab, the State would have needed to outsource these tasks to a marketing agency, but with the Lab, it now has those advanced capabilities in-house.
Impact + Metrics
- As of August, 2023, the C+E Lab’s campaign increased site traffic +37% Year Over Year since launch, with 39% of the traffic consisting of audiences new to Business.NJ.gov.
- The C+E Lab is continuing to work with the Business.NJ.gov team to promote its tools and better understand its audience.
- Office of the Governor
- NJ Department of State, Business Action Center
- NJ Economic Development Authority
- NJ State Department of Treasury
- NJ Redevelopment Authority
- NJ Small Business Development Centers
Last updated on 10/26/23