Bilingual (Spanish/English) Content Design Lead
The New Jersey State Office of Innovation is looking for a Bilingual (Spanish/English) Content Design Lead to deploy world-class digital services that solve pressing public interest challenges for New Jerseyans. Approximately 1.4 million New Jerseyans speak Spanish in their home, and connecting these residents to information, programs, and services is essential to the equitable service delivery goals of the State.
This role will be integral in supporting the Resident Experience Initiative (ResX) to improve how New Jerseyans access and obtain government services and benefits. Current products related to this initiative include informational websites, tools to check the status of applications, and other technical solutions that streamline access to information and services.
You will play a fundamental role in content strategy, content creation, and research, to improve how more than 9 million residents interact with the New Jersey State government. Specifically, you will drive the production and strategy of constantly-evolving plain, Spanish language content, and collaborate with other team members to enhance our ability to conduct Spanish language user research and standardized user testing.
As a part of the team, your responsibilities may include:
Delivering accessible, plain-language information about resident services directly to New Jerseyans by providing guidance and direction to product teams on how to provide a high-quality native Spanish language experience across various products and set the tone for creating more multilingual user interfaces.
- Write and edit native Spanish content and product copy about resident services, application processes, and requirements that are accessible and engaging across multiple channels and platforms.
- Work alongside team members to design product flows and iterate based on feedback and research.
- Design, write, edit, test, and improve content in onboarding flows, UI content, product and feature names, navigation labels, as well as long form guides and informational articles.
- Develop and maintain plain language guidelines and other content guides that can be utilized by product teams for reference, in Spanish and in English to ensure a consistent product experience and intuitive informational text.
- Maintain and enhance processes, including large-scale content creation and strategy.
- Leverage SEO, social, analytics, and user testing to inform the development of content.
- Contribute to creating equitable experiences, where language and cultural considerations are important factors in the product making.
- Partner with designers and other product team members to advise as they plan, recruit for, and execute user research in Spanish throughout a project, including translation during interviews or onsite shadowing.
Preferred Technical Experience, Skills and Abilities
We are seeking individuals with 5+ years of demonstrated experience with the following expertise, skills, and abilities:
- Translating and managing content across multiple Spanish speaking cultures and nationalities.
- Synthesizing complex language into simple, user-friendly content; utilizing research where necessary to better understand user needs and improve experience.
- Advising cross-functional teams on content development activities and best practices for multiple products or services.
- Proven ability to drive multiple work streams toward deadlines and juggling changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Defining content types and relationships, building and maintaining a content taxonomy, and maintaining an efficient content development processes.
- Using modern, iterative, user-centered, continuous delivery methodologies.
- Collaborating closely with stakeholders across government to gather their input and ensure content accuracy.
- Collaborating with CBOs and other community stakeholders to test/optimize any/all generated content.
- Conducting user interviews and developing surveys to leverage data and analytics, informing content and content prioritization.
- Optimizing content for search indexing for both public web search and internal site search.
- Familiarity with accessibility and equity principles.
- Interest in exploring generative AI.
We welcome applications that don’t meet 100% of our requirements. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
Compensation: Approximately $100,000 (depending on experience) + Full benefits
The New Jersey Office of Innovation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and seek to create a pluralistic community for all.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of racial and ethnic minority groups, women, LGBTQI+ people, those with disabilities, and Veterans to apply. We are committed to building a team that is reflective of New Jersey’s incredible diversity.
We do not discriminate against any candidate because of color, race, age, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, pregnancy, marital status, status as a parent, ancestry, national origin, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, retaliation, or other non-merit based factors.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates may be required to pass a background check and complete additional steps as part of the application and onboarding process. You will be considered an “at-will” employee, meaning both employer and employee have the right to terminate employment with or without cause or notice.